The Strength to Become
I couldn't help from crying due to this audition. As we tie up the last of our lessons on Christ and his precious atonement during my New Testament class--I look at this woman and think 'Christ knows exactly all that she has gone through, from the day of the crash, to countless surgeries, to learning how to talk, walk, and do so many things that I am just used to and don't even think about.'
Not only does this audition make me fall in love with the gift of the Atonement that much more, because I can see the love and kindness in her eyes, but it makes me that much more grateful for a healthy body that can run, see, lift weights, and much more. She is simply happy to be alive, and this little video was a humbling experience for me to realize how great I really have it all.
Learning about Christ's atonement inspires me to not only be better on the inside, but to treat my body on the outside just as well. So tomorrow, I'm going to go on a run and I'm not going to complain. I'm probably going to be in pain, but I am going to be grateful that I have the opportunity to be in that pain that will eventually strengthen me. I'm going to enjoy the smells of the flowers. I'm going to drink lots of water because I am lucky enough to have easy access to it almost everywhere I go.
I am so blessed, and it's time to start giving back//using the blessing I have been given.
Comments
Post a Comment