Your Potential, Your Privilege
The title of this post is from this talk from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I have been thinking quite a bit about potential and being given a life that I don't want to waste. I want to do all that God has in store for me, and I don't want to miss out on blessings or opportunities! I'm wanting to step up my game and make something of myself. I want to see that I have progressed and become something better. I have never been very good with goal setting or discipline, but I do feel that it is something that I need to really begin on. I have a large itch that I can't shake that there is so much out there for me to discover and become, but if I don't start soon, I will look back on my life and be disappointed with my failures.
I love the story of the man on the ship and how he doesn't use the tools he has been given. What sticks out to me is 1. Be assertive! You're not going to get the best of anything if you don't step up, ask for help, and just be confident in yourself. 2. It made me think of what is holding me back from getting more done in my day? From working on my goals more diligently? An answer that I have is social media. How much time do I honestly waste on instagram and snapchat stories? Do Buzzfeed videos really help me out? (no.) I have so many time wasters in my life that I need to get rid of for some time. It's not worth it when I have things to do, goals to reach, and potential to become. So with that, I'm going to put some social media things on hold. Also, I wouldn't say that I am a T.V. junkie these days, but I can definitely make sure that I don't watch shows until it's time for bed and I am FULLY ready to unwind for a bit.
I also loved the part where he says,
"Let us not pass through life immersed in the three Ws: wearied, worrying, and whining. We live beneath our privileges when we allow worldly anchors to keep us away from the abundant joy that comes from faithful and dedicated . . . service, especially within the walls of our own homes. We live beneath our privileges when we fail to partake of the feast of happiness, peace, and joy that God grants so bountifully to faithful priesthood servants."
Something that came to mind while reading this, is that I can create my destiny/potential by trying and making an effort for it to be in our home. I can make sure that I am A+ game with my VT at the beginning of the month so I can help and remind my husband to get his done as well. I can lead by example. I can kick start our weekly FHE by monthly planning switch off turns and just starting it off first. I can gather our little family of two together to read the scriptures together and pray with one another before bed. I can strive to have the spirit in our home by not arguing or being negative, and waking up early enough to put in a proper HOUR of scripture study each day. (30 minutes of the scriptures and one GC talk a day.) I can say meaningful prayers and use my prayer journal. I can write in my journal for at least 10 minutes a day. (how hard is that?)
I need more of Christ in my life and it's going to come. I just know it. I have been feeling the need to begin working on motherhood and I just had the Spirit speak to me and tell me that working on these things listed above will indeed help me to prepare for motherhood in a great way. I have habits I need to break and those that I need to start. This is just the beginning of lots of changes that I pray can bring me closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father. I hope that I can look back on this post and my current studies of potential and see that I am coming closer to Christ.
I love the story of the man on the ship and how he doesn't use the tools he has been given. What sticks out to me is 1. Be assertive! You're not going to get the best of anything if you don't step up, ask for help, and just be confident in yourself. 2. It made me think of what is holding me back from getting more done in my day? From working on my goals more diligently? An answer that I have is social media. How much time do I honestly waste on instagram and snapchat stories? Do Buzzfeed videos really help me out? (no.) I have so many time wasters in my life that I need to get rid of for some time. It's not worth it when I have things to do, goals to reach, and potential to become. So with that, I'm going to put some social media things on hold. Also, I wouldn't say that I am a T.V. junkie these days, but I can definitely make sure that I don't watch shows until it's time for bed and I am FULLY ready to unwind for a bit.
I also loved the part where he says,
"Let us not pass through life immersed in the three Ws: wearied, worrying, and whining. We live beneath our privileges when we allow worldly anchors to keep us away from the abundant joy that comes from faithful and dedicated . . . service, especially within the walls of our own homes. We live beneath our privileges when we fail to partake of the feast of happiness, peace, and joy that God grants so bountifully to faithful priesthood servants."
Something that came to mind while reading this, is that I can create my destiny/potential by trying and making an effort for it to be in our home. I can make sure that I am A+ game with my VT at the beginning of the month so I can help and remind my husband to get his done as well. I can lead by example. I can kick start our weekly FHE by monthly planning switch off turns and just starting it off first. I can gather our little family of two together to read the scriptures together and pray with one another before bed. I can strive to have the spirit in our home by not arguing or being negative, and waking up early enough to put in a proper HOUR of scripture study each day. (30 minutes of the scriptures and one GC talk a day.) I can say meaningful prayers and use my prayer journal. I can write in my journal for at least 10 minutes a day. (how hard is that?)
I need more of Christ in my life and it's going to come. I just know it. I have been feeling the need to begin working on motherhood and I just had the Spirit speak to me and tell me that working on these things listed above will indeed help me to prepare for motherhood in a great way. I have habits I need to break and those that I need to start. This is just the beginning of lots of changes that I pray can bring me closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father. I hope that I can look back on this post and my current studies of potential and see that I am coming closer to Christ.
Comments
Post a Comment