Music for the Soul

I go into these phases where it's really hard for me to just start over and read the Book of Mormon again. I guess it's because I love Nephi so much but I sometimes just want to skip to another book but then I feel bad and then I struggle with how to study my scriptures and so here I am. I am going to study certain hymns and the verses that they are associated with.

For now, I shall start with KINDNESS. (there was no songs on the topic of charity. weird.)

Alma 37:36-37--"Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support . . . counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good;" really stood out to me. At this stage in my life, nothing is going terribly wrong. I have a job that pays well for being one that is on campus, and it helps us out considering the fact that Drewy is doing all these internships that pay nothing *slave labor*, we both have cars from our loving parents--who also pay for our tuition, Drew is on an investing high so we have money to save and hopefully have something when we are retired, our families are good and healthy, and on and on. We are so blessed beyond measure with the good stuff, but we are kinda in that waiting game where things are great, but just working towards being even greater. Drew is hoping for an internship//full time job in NYC and is working so hard and studying his butt off for that, I am trying to get my knees and body better to be able to run a Half Marathon this Christmas, Daddy is searching for a new job, Amanda is starting college and Courtney is going to be alone and Mama is trying to feel beautiful and keep up with her step/weight loss bets. So really what it comes down to for me in this line of the verese is that even when things are going right, we can always turn to the Lord for a hug, support, and an ounce of courage to push through and make our goals. But also, when the dark clouds do roll in, we can turn to the Lord for the support and a shoulder to lean on when we need to cry or be carried.

Also, God has the bigger picture and knows what our lives can be if we follow the Gospel. Andrew and I have certain goals and ideas for our family--but we definitely need to turn to the Lord more if any of it is truly going to come true.

AND BE THANKFUL TO THE LORD. We have so much that we are blessed with--and I know for a fact that I can step up my A+ game and express that more to the Lord.

To be honest, digging into my scriptures has been so nice today. Just writing out all my thoughts has been so nice today. Today is simply going to be a nice day. I feel like I have the Holy Ghost with me and that I can be a better person. I can be "Sister Case" again. I am listening to the spirit and craving for any source of service. I really like this feeling in my life again.

Comments

Popular Posts