"Beauty besets him in every direction. So it is with the Atonement."
I like to think of this simple sentence as one that defines what pure and true beauty is. I'll be honest--there are many days where I personally think I am beautiful, but there are also many of those days when I realize that I don't have long, gorgeous locks because my hair just won't grow, and I can't just throw away some serious cash each month for extensions. (Trust me, I've tried all the hair pills.) My eyebrows are not micro-bladed and my eyelashes don't have extensions. I'm a 23 year old woman who is still waiting for her shirts to look not look like flat boards and for my acne to become non-existent. I straight up struggle with curling my hair-and let's not even get into the fact that I can't braid my hair. S/O to social media for helping me to think that I look like a cardboard box of uselessness some days...but then I read these two short and sweet sentences and the tinted image in the mirror fades into something far more beautiful. (and just to be clear, if you do have some of those things listed above, you are still beautiful and holla at you. --seriously, I NEED my nails painted at all times for some serious confidence boosters. We all have our must-haves.)
I could totally be looking at these lines wrong--but the Spirit whispers to me that I am BEAUTIFUL daughter of God, and that that beauty shines through me I am living the gospel of Jesus Christ. When I am striving to live my life like Christ, his light is reflected in my eyes, and to me, that is the most beautiful thing in any human being. When kindness, sincerity, respect, and so many of Christ's characteristics exudes through someone, that is where beauty lies.
This song speaks to my soul in so many ways. If God created me, and thinks I am beautiful, then what else could possibly matter?
Comments
Post a Comment