The Infinite Atonement Chapter 2: Why Study the Atonement

Why study it you may ask--well here's one straight from the book for ya. "With increased vision can come increased motivation. As our vision of the Atonement is enhanced, our motivation to embrace its full effects is proportionately increased." (16). cue James the Mormon.

So really, as we come understand the importance of Christ's Atonement, we will have the desire and motivation to fully use it in our lives--AND I SO BELIEVE THIS TO BE TRUE. The more I am reading this book and focusing in on what is being taught, I am loving every moment of it and I am wanting to eat it up AND BE BETTER!

Here are some of my favorite quotes from this section:

  • President Howard W. Hunter: "As we come to understand His mission and the atonement which He wrought, we will desire to live more like Him." (check out that promised blessing!)
  • Elder Neal A. Maxwell: "The more we know of Jesus' Atonement, the more we will humbly and gladly glorify Him, His Atonement, and His character."
  • We become like those things we habitually love and admire. And thus, as we study Christ's life and live his teachings, we become more like him. #GOLD.


Comments

Popular Posts