The Infinite Atonement Chapter 1: What Is The Significance of The Atonement?

"An attempt to master this doctrine requires an immersion of all our senses, all our feelings, and all our intellect. . . . It must be felt."

Immersion: absorbing involvement//submersion of a person

Being ALL in.     (<-------check.it.out.)

"When we are complacent with our covenants, we are complicit with the consequences." Am I doing all that I can to come to know my Savior better?

  • How is my temple attendance?
  • Are my prayers sincere?
  • What did I learn from my scripture studies today?
  • Who did I serve?
  • How was my tone? My attitude? in that instant
  • Are my thought, words, and actions positive?
  • How are my VT sisters doing? How is my companion?
These are just a few of the many questions I need to be asking myself on how I am becoming more like my Savior. (If you want to dig deep and ask yourself the *hard* questions, look in the mirror and ask yourself these to ponder on.

There was an interesting section in the first chapter that made me really ponder and think about my life and actions. "It is serious indeed to reject the Savior, but to ignore him, to snub him, to consider him 'a thing of naught' is most displeasing to the Lord. There is no mistake about his position on this subject" (4). How often am I ignoring my big brother and the precious gift that he gives me each and every day? Am I taking Christ's Atonement for granted?

This opened my eyes to just how precious and sincere his gift really is to each.and.every.single.one.of.us. I love gifts! (I think it's a secret love language of mine.) I should open and accept and wear this gift on my heart and sleeve like a brand new dress. "The atonement is not just a prime teaching of the gospel; it is a the heart of the gospel" (8). THE HEART PEOPLE. We need to understand the Atonement because it is truly at the center of everything. --This book is going to be a good study, I can already tell.--

"The Atonement is our singular hope for a meaningful life" (9).

Comments

Popular Posts