The Infinite Atonement.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I am *slowly but surely* reading The Infinite Atonement (by my great uncle?) Tad Callister. I'll be honest when I say that I hope I understand some of this book because it is deeeeppppp, but I am excited to learn, grow, progress, and really just start becoming better. I decided to write my testimony of Christ's Atonement before beginning the book so I could look back and see my progress, so here goes nothing. I am so excited to go on this journey to drawing closer to my Savior, my Heavenly Father, and my husband as I study about marriage and how Christ's Atonement is intertwined with it all.

I want to first start out with my testimony of what I know about Christ's atonement at this point in my life. I know that it is real. I KNOW because I have personally felt it. I specifically remember praying at my bed, in Hastings, NE, for strength, peace, guidance, pretty much anything and everything. My companion, was ROUGH (and I'll go into more detail about that at a later time). One morning while I was getting ready and she was doing her hour of personal study, I shut the door to our bedroom and just started crying. I stumbled to my bed and cried and cried until I could gain enough composure to say a quiet prayer out loud. I felt so empty inside and so alone. I felt as if I was carrying this giant bag of rocks and my load was just too heavy. I wasn't strong enough to go another step. I specifically remember telling the Lord that I was done. I could not walk on this road alone anymore. I had no one. I didn't have a companion to talk to or laugh with. The closest sisters were about an hour and a half away. Our progressing investigator that had become a dear friend of mine had just moved away. I felt trapped, abandoned, and truly defeated. I told God that when I finished this prayer and stood up, that I needed to feel Him. I needed to know that He was going to be there for me, because I just simply couldn't take it anymore....and you know what? It came. The moment I said 'amen' I felt like that bag of rocks that I had been carrying was gone. I felt weightless and limitless. I knew that Christ had just taken that load and was carrying it for me now. I was consumed with a love and a joy that I had never experienced before. I knew that I had felt Christ's atonement just work within me.

I was so amazed and happy that I just kept on praying and giving thanks for this moment of pure joy and peace, because I finally began to understand a piece of Christ's Atonement.

I know that the Savior's atonement can heal us, redeem us, and enable us. Christ's sacrifice made our lives, and all the moments in them, possible. Because of Jesus Christ, we can repent immediately after we have wronged--we don't even have to wait until we partake of the sacrament on Sunday. I know my Savior loves me, because he gave his life for me.

I know I have much to learn about the atonement. I am excited for this journey to do so and to continue on it for the rest of my life.

In the name, of my Savior, Jesus Christ,

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts